[ExI] labels etc. IQ

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 22:55:45 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote
:

> ​> ​
> Re changing political opinions:  perhaps the best measure of intelligence,
> and my favorite, is the ability to adapt to new situations.

​
That is a pretty good definition, and situations have always changed and
the rate of change will accelerate as the singularity
​
approaches, so unwavering libertarian purity is not a sign of intelligence.
Actually unwavering anything is not a sign of intelligence.

And speaking of acceleration, apparently Trump doesn't think the
accelerating wealth gap is accelerating fast enough. Under Trumpcare people
who have the top 1% income will save $33,000, and those in the top .1%,
that is people who make more than 3 million a year, will save $197,000. At
the other end of the wealth spectrum
a 64-year-old earning $15,000 a year
​ will have to pay​
$8,394
​ more, and
a 55-year-old earning $25,000
​ would have to pay
$3,636
​ more.

And just today t
he Congressional Budget Office
​said​
 the number of people
​with no health insurance of any sort will under Trumpcare increase by 1
4 million
​by this time next year, and the number will reach 24 million by 2026. All
this is of course a bad news for poor people but it is also bad news for
rich people because it will decrease the likelihood their heads will remain
firmly attached to their shoulders.

​So given the above definition is Trump intelligent?

  John K Clark