[ExI] robots wear artificial skin

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 14 16:03:31 UTC 2017

Cool!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/skin-transplants-humanoid-robots/

If these guys can work out artificial skin, it will be a new day.  Didn't
you think it was absurd on The Next Generation that some engineering team
could build Commander Data, work out aaaalllll the problems of making an
android, every tech detail, all except that one terribly difficult puzzle
they never could work out: that skin tone.  Damn tough problem, that skin
tone.  Sheesh.

If we can get robots which really do look like humans (but without acting
like us we hope) it will be an even more fun time to be alive.