[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 17:06:37 UTC 2017

It could be but meaning needs contrast, if EVERYTHING is conscious then the
observable results would be the same as if NOTHING  was conscious, so I'd
have no hope in ever discovering which possibility is true. So it's
pointless to worry about consciousness. Worry about observable intelligent
behavior instead.
 John K Clark ​

Many psychologists think that our observable behavior originates in the
unconscious, travels through the conscious,and some of that becomes overt.

According to your paragraph above, consciousness can be a constant and so
irrelevant.  That would be true only if there weren't an unconscious and no
variation in consciousness.

And if intelligence is equated with consciousness, then you could say that
all behavior is intelligent, and then intelligence becomes a constant.

So we need to delimit out terms.  I don't think all behavior is
intelligent;  some of it is almost purely emotional, some reflexive, and so
on.  But I fully agree with you that intelligence is perhaps the most
important variable to study in certain areas.  I also agree with you that
most of this stuff about consciousness is irrelevant, immaterial, and
incompetent (shades of Perry Mason).