[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 20:57:15 UTC 2017

Ben <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:

 > I await his response to your question with interest

OK, Brent has answered, and his answer is "No". So, agreeing that it
doesn't matter what goes on inside a black box as long as its
interactions remain the same, I'm completely at a loss to understand his
argument.

Brent:
"The theory I am promoting is predicting that there are elemental
qualities..."

So please explain what these 'elemental qualities' that you keep
insisting on, are! I have no idea what they can be!

And if you can't explain what they are, then please at least give some
empirical evidence for their existence, because I can't see that there
possibly can be such a thing as 'elemental feeling of being watched', or
'elemental quality of the sound of a french horn', etc. Using 'red' as
an example is all very well, but you must recognise that 'red' is just
one of billions of experiences that a person can have.

Can you argue against the idea that 'red' is actually a high-level
abstraction of more specific experiences such as the sight of a red ball
a metre away, all the english telephone boxes I've ever seen, the sight
of blood, etc.?

Ben Zaiboc