[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 28 22:39:30 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:15 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 5:32 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

​

Our best bet is to find the best solution.  That is done by having 50 different experiments going simultaneously.  We find the best one and the rest do likewise.

​Let's be practical, ​

​by the time the results of those new 50 experiments come in most of us will be dead from old age, but we already have the experimental results from 30 countries and the results are very clear. I'm certain none of those 30 countries have the perfect healthcare solution, but the perfect shouldn't be the enemy of the good.  ​

John K Clark

Ja, that argument ignores the fact that the Federal government cannot balance the budget now.  So adding more expenses will not balance it; just the opposite.  Single payer advocates never explain what happens when the medics send the bills to the single payer then don’t get paid.