[ExI] POL: Re: ​Freedom of the press

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 00:59:51 UTC 2017

> On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:29 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did you notice that Trump was the only candidate of
> either party that wasn't same old same old D.C. politics?

And it appears that that's not the case. Business as usual seems to be the rule with his administration -- save for the bottomless well of stupidity in his and his press sec.'s comments. Other than that, the bombs keep falling, the Drug War continues, etc.

> That could well have been the motivation for many people
> who were tired of no-nothing/against everything Congress
> (point supported by extremely low ratings for it).

I would welcome a do nothing/against everything Congress and, for that matter, a do nothing government. It might be the perception of many or most people that the Congress and government do nothing, but at no time in my life -- or in yours or in anyone alive today -- has the federal government sat back and did nothing. It's always busy oppressing someone. To be sure, many people feel it's doing nothing about a particular issue -- often an issue government caused or made worse (such as healthcare) or that's actually a non-issue (such as immigration; if there's an issue here, it's rather that there's too little immigration not too much).

By the way, Congress's unpopularity seems to not block those in the Congress from getting re-elected. I suspect the polling data is telling us more how the Congress is unpopular overall, but not particular representatives and senators being unpopular in their district -- at least among likely voters. (And you probably know from your background in psychology how folks can hate X and not hate Y even if Y implies X.)

Regards,

Dan
    Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst