[ExI] From another list

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu May 18 00:08:40 UTC 2017

I thought you might enjoy this, I certainly did.  Keith

"When we stopped doing physical births, and started just created virtual
people directly, there was concern about shared context and also whether
the new, and occasionally rather strange, beings would care about
mankind. To alleviate these concerns, all newly created entities have
been required to undergo a simulated lifetime as an original, physical
human. The simulation also serves as a test: it ends either with the
simulated death of the participant, or when they invent the singularity.
This is all rather antiquated at this point, of course, but we still do
it anyway. History is its own reward, as Pak Muong said."

By

Harry Chesley