[ExI] 48th anniversary of apollo 10

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 20 00:44:06 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:41 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] 48th anniversary of apollo 10

On May 19, 2017 9:48 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

Ja, I was never that much of a chocolate fan, but oh boy, if I had access to
the computers and learning opportunities modern children have, I would never
want to grow up.

>…You can buy computers these days - and many of the learning opportunities can be accessed by adults.  There is no maximum age for most online courses, for instance.

I am a seasoned veteran at online courses.  I really got into them when my son started taking them about 3 yrs ago.  Oh they work, they work so well.  He learned coding right, object oriented coding from the start.  So now he doesn’t have all those bad coding habits I learned.  I wrote a capture the flag program with 20 personalities, one human player and 20 machine players.  I have no idea how to do something like that, or if I did, mine would suck.  His doesn’t.  He’s age 10.  Wish I coulda had a quarter of his opportunities.