[ExI] clarification

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 18:41:49 UTC 2017

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 1:21 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 May 2017 at 18:55, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> > I did not know this.  I have to say that it needs a court challenge on
> the
> > basis of unreasonable search and seizure.  I also suppose that there is
> no
> > definition of 'suspicious' in any manual, so they can just define it any
> way
> > they want to.  Disturbing.
> >

> It is the USA Border Search Exemption that applies at international
> borders, airports, etc.
> (And under certain circumstances up to 100 miles inside the border).
> It has already been through the Courts system.
>
> BillK

​Thanks.  I have to ask:  what about a company's proprietary information?
Just don't take it with you?  Also, if someone wanted to take illegal info
across a border, all they'd have to do is to research just who they stop,
and don't act or dress like them.  Al Qaeda would be stupid to send an Arab
looking person across with sensitive info on phones or laptops.  There's
always some way around any system and I assume that this policy slows
traffic quite a bit in some cases.​  bill w