[ExI] what a treat - eating rocks

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 14:39:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:15 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> Americans were polled about GMO warning labels.  80% were in favor.
> ​ ​
> They were also 80% in favor of warning labels on anything containing DNA.
> (yes, these were adults - in age anyway; mental age is in doubt

​
On April 1 1983 a newspaper in Michigan ran a
​n​
alarming story that
​ ​
Dihydrogen Monoxide
​ ​
had been found in
​ ​
the state's sewer pipes
​,​

​it said​
that
​"​
Dihydrogen
​ ​
Monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands
of people every year
​"​
.
​ ​S
oon afterward "The ​
Coalition to Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide
​" was formed and they started a petition to ban it. The petition said: ​

*Dihydrogen monoxide​ is​ also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major
component of acid rain.Contributes to the "greenhouse effect".May cause
severe burns.Contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.*

*​A​ccelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.​M​ay cause electrical
failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.​H​as been found
in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.*

*Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:​A​s an industrial
solvent and coolant.​I​n nuclear power plants.​I​n the production of
styrofoam.​A​s a fire retardant.*

*​I​n many forms of cruel animal research.​I​n the distribution of
pesticides. *
*​A​s an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.*
*​And ​even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.​ *

However it turned out that
The ​
Coalition to Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide
​ was a parody organization because
Dihydrogen Monoxide
​ is just water and the petition was written by a clever ​
14 year old
​boy. But he did get 43 people to sign his petition in just one afternoon.

 John K Clark​
 ​