[ExI] thiel goes south

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 04:43:35 UTC 2017

 Spike wrote

> What happens if Thiel discovers this vaccine works, but declines to do FDA
> testing?  Then do we have a drug which can be used overseas but is illegal
> in the USA?

Already happened.  The FDA made using stem cells impossible in the US,
calling them a drug and requiring drug protocol testing.  That is, of
course, impossible since you can't use a standard clone of stem cells,
they have to be from the particular person they are being injected
into.

My wife had this done with her knees a little over 5 years ago.  It
was a US company, Regenexx, that developed the process.  Since they
can't deliver the treatment (which involves growing out a substantial
clone of your stem cells) in the US, they set up in the Cayman
Islands.  The local clinic they are in provided LASIC eye treatment
for a long time before the process was approved in the US.

Another problem is when an effective treatment can't make money.  One
such is pterostilbene, a chemical relative of resveratrol (a number of
you are probably taking it).  Apparently, a considerable number of
cancers can be treated with it.  (Google).  Most of the work is being
done in China.

Keith