[ExI] The state of modern corporate cybersecurity for the general public's important information

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 13 13:48:44 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Subject: [ExI] The state of modern corporate cybersecurity for the general public's important information

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/ayuda-help-equifax-has-my-data/

> It took almost no time for them to discover that an online portal designed to let Equifax employees in Argentina manage credit report disputes from consumers in that country was wide open, protected by perhaps the most easy-to-guess password combination ever: “admin/admin.”

Ah, it's the old protected-from-our-stupidity-by-our-own-stupidity trick.  The bad guys couldn't even imagine a big important credit management outfit would leave the door so casually unlocked, so they didn't bother to even rattle the door.  Well, one of them did.  But that was sheer arrogance on his part, to even imagine Equifax would do such a thing, an insult to such a grand organization.