[ExI] Book review: Technological Resurrection, by Jonathan Jones

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 15 13:06:52 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:02 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Book review: Technological Resurrection, by Jonathan Jones

How is the problem of all the "bits" of you becoming dissolved and dispersed handled?   Sure we can record life bits and the equivalent from throughout our life and build some sort of simulacrum of the person after their death.  But this side of reasonably full mind recording and substrate independent human being-ness I don't see a good way to resurrection.  Am I missing something?

Samantha!

We were wondering what the heck had happened to you.  What’s it been, a couple, three years since your last ExI post?  Perhaps I missed previous ones or something.

Hope all is well with you.