[ExI] french and english are messed up, was: RE: test

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 21 05:41:29 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Brian Manning Delaney
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:00 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] french and english are messed up, was: RE: test

> Quiet couple days, ja?
>
>   spike

I think Spike was actually being advanced, writing in a future dialect of English. Languages logically streamline themselves over time. We don't use "of" with "few", for ex. (in the sense of: "a few of days"), so to make the usage of "couple" line up with the usage of "few", we're moving towards "a couple days". Spike is just getting there ahead of most of us.

Brian

Brian you are too kind, sir.

I have seen the future, but I am going to wait until tomorrow to write about it.  I am nearly falling asleep at the keyboard.