[ExI] tabby's star again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 19:22:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> A matrioshka brain is a hypothetical megastructure proposed by Robert
> ​ ​
> Bradbury, based on the Dyson sphere, of immense computational
> ​ ​
> capacity.
> ​  [...] ​
> Just because it looks like dust does not rule it out as artificial.

It's easy to understand why the
​ ​
rate of dimming between infrared and ultraviolet light would be different
if it were cause by dust, but it's much more difficult to understand how a
Dyson sphere would
​ do that​
. If a simple explanation can explain something I see no reason for a
exotic one. I see tracks in the snow near a horse farm made by a large 4
legged animal and conclude they were made by a horse.  I could be wrong
they might have been made by a zebra, but I'm probably not wrong.

  John K Clark