[ExI] U.of Tokyo invents 'loop-based quantum computer'

Jordan Hosmer-Henner jordanhh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 02:01:20 UTC 2017

"Under the new method, many pulses of light, each carrying information, are
allowed to go around in a loop circuit indefinitely. The circuit performs
multiple tasks, switching from one task to another rapidly through instant
manipulations of the pulses."

The invention was announced in an article by University of Tokyo professor
Akira Furusawa and assistant professor Shuntaro Takeda that was posted on
an electronic version of the U.S. journal Physical Review Letters.

“We’ll start work to develop the hardware, now that we’ve resolved all
problems except how to make a scheme that automatically corrects a
calculation error,” Furusawa said.