[ExI] emotions

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:20:02 UTC 2018

In my case, at least, "so obvious that no reply was needed" was the case.

Thing is, rationality is the product of an educated mind: one that has
been shown that science and logic really do work a lot better than
wishing and drama.  That very concept has been under attack for
decades, in many of the areas that now vote for what has been termed
"anti-science".  Education seems like it would be the surest way to
fix this - but it is slow, and how to get it in when those currently
in power rail against it at every turn they can?

Fortunately this is not every turn.  There remain those rightly
convinced that, if nothing else, education can get their children
better jobs.  Making education - specifically, job retraining - more
available to out-of-work adults as well, so that education can get
them better jobs (better than "none", a low bar to clear), might be
one means of counterattack.