[ExI] Prisoner of bad philosophy: Carl Sagan couldn’t allow himself to hope

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 13:42:57 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

> * how to explain the taliban-like intolerance of militant atheists?*

Taliban like? I don't see the symmetry. The Taliban attack atheists with
sticks and stones but atheists attack the Taliban and their Christian
counterparts with nothing but words. I believe there is an old aphorism
about sticks and stones and words.

> *>The only explanation I can find is that they think they know.*

Or maybe atheists think saying things that are untrue is fundamentally
ignoble and maybe they know that religion has caused more misery in the
world than anything else in human history except for death itself.

John K Clark