[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 179, Issue 2

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Aug 5 15:02:34 UTC 2018

On 04/08/2018 17:38, extropy-chat-request at lists.extropy.org wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 at 11:32 pm, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com
> <mailto:giulio at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ben, then how to explain the taliban-like intolerance of militant
>     atheists? The only explanation I can find is that they thinkvthey
>     know.
>

> Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Atheists think they know that there is no evidence for God

That's an odd way of putting it. Either we have evidence for gods or we
don't. As gods are held to be supernatural creatures, you need evidence
for the existence of things (any things) that are 'supernatural' as a
pre-requisite. We have none. So the Null Hypothesis stands.

Nobody has to prove that gods don't exist, which is a thing that many
religious apologists find annoying.

--
Ben Zaiboc