[ExI] rational hypocrites

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Aug 5 21:30:03 UTC 2018

On 05/08/2018 22:07, BillW wrote:

 > Well, you have to believe something.  Really?

Bill, I've had this argument many times, with various people.

I think that because we often say 'I believe you' or 'I believe it will
rain tomorrow', etc., some people say it's impossible to have no
'beliefs', but I distinguish between 'beliefs' and 'Beliefs', where the
former has no particular force, and merely indicates an opinion, and the
latter, Capital B version indicates an absolute Belief that withstands
all evidence to the contrary. I don't have any Beliefs (or at least I
don't believe I do).

-- Ben Zaiboc