[ExI] Prisoner of bad philosophy: Carl Sagan couldn?t allow > himself to hope

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:39:17 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 1:04 PM, SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Well, it might be rational to use the condom from the gene's point of
> view if the offspring which are produced, though fewer, have a higher
> chance of producing offspring. We'll know in a few hundred years. *

Evolution doesn't work that way because genes have no foresight. If you
have a flat tire you can take off the flat and put on a new tire but
Evolution could never do something like that, when you take off the bad
tire you have no tire at all and have temporally made things worse.
Evolution just doesn't understand that one step backwards 2 steps forward
is a good thing.

 John K Clark