[ExI] Electoral College

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Aug 16 14:08:28 UTC 2018

Stuart, this was the best post I have read in a long time.  I left it all in there rather than trim a word, in case anyone missed the original discussion.

Your comment really caught my eye:

>... There is in actuality 51 separate and independent elections for the POTUS, one in each state and DC. This decentralization means added security from voter fraud. Because of this, the election for the POTUS is hard to steal as opposed to election by popular vote which has but a single point of failure...

This has worried me for a long time.  Voting machines are inherently dangerous.  Having an electoral college means that the commies need to hack machines in several different states:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/13/17683666/florida-voting-system-hack-children

The framers of the constitution didn't foresee voting machines, but their safeguard worked anyway.  The framers did foresee a sitting president refusing to accept an election and declaring himself POTUS for life.  So they wrote it such that the SCOTUS only needs to swear in a new POTUS, with no need for an actual ceremony to swear out the old one.  That's why none of the former occupants of that office have attempted to hold on.

spike