[ExI] Electoral College

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 20 00:20:49 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Adrian Tymes
Subject: Re: [ExI] Electoral College

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 12:55 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> >>...Too many of the red states would go right along with it, knowing
> >>that not having an election would make irrelevant the votes of states
that  had one...

>>... Eh, still not convinced.  California, New York, Florida and Ohio would

> easily raise a militia that could stand against whatever the Fed had
> to offer.

>...But what about Kansas, Texas, North Carolina, and other states where the
state government would go along with, "Scrap the election so we can keep
Trump (and ourselves) in office"?  They'd be voting against there being an
election.

Eh, Texas wouldn't go along with it.  They would be eager to defend their
polling places against terrorist threats.  If there are a few hardcore red
states who really love the current POTUS (whose name I cannot recall) they
love the COTUS even more.

A lot of us wasted worry that the previous POTUS would attempt something
like this scenario, but after we really pondered it, we realized we need to
worry about real threats (which are legion) rather than imaginary ones.