[ExI] CRACKPOTS

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:01:18 UTC 2018

On Aug 20, 2018, at 9:22 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> John, if you want spiritualism and witchcraft explained, you need to read the first few chapters of The Golden Bough.  If the rain did not come after the rain god was invoked, the rain man was sacrificed and a new one selected.  The only evidence here was of the beliefs themselves.

I’m not sure that particular explanation originated with Frazer, but I’m wondering how much of that classic is considered valid by experts today. (I know it’s still immensely popular, but think it was considered outdated and even retrograde soon after publication.)

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst