[ExI] Electoral College and 1177 BCE

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Aug 25 00:33:46 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 2:19 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Electoral College and 1177 BCE

>…What do mean by free state, sir?

A free state is any state where one candidate has such an advantage that it can’t be close.  In those states, voters are free to vote for whoever they want and not worry about causing the favored candidate to lose that state.  About 40 of the states are free that way.

>…  Name recognition is a powerful factor in elections.  Some will look at the candidates and just mark one they know.  No one else has 1/1000th the name coverage…

Ja, not such a coincidence that a Hollywood type was elected.  I can’t remember his name right offhand, but it’s the guy in there now.

>…Hollywood press people tell us that just getting the name and face in the news is what they seek.  Favorable would be good, but bad is just about as good.

bill w

Understatement.  It used to be said that bad publicity is better than no publicity.  Eventually they discovered that bad publicity is better than good publicity.  The current guy (whose name I cannot recall) started a war with the press, they fell for it, gave him bad publicity.  It worked.