[ExI] focus

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 27 16:31:59 UTC 2018

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: focus

>…It caused me to ponder: until historically recent times, humans seldom (if ever) called upon their brains to do the kind of intense focus required for something like Mario Carts or Duke Nukem …As far as I can tell, this phenom has only presented to this magnitude in the past 20 to 30 yrs.   spike

Then a subsequent thought occurred to me: the kinds of focus and mastery of multiple variables are exactly the skills needed in order to code worth half a damn.

Until pretty recently, children were never really given the kind of training necessary for them to develop into decent programmers.  Coders, what say ye?