[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 179, Issue 25

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Tue Aug 28 18:07:35 UTC 2018

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 8:56 PM Will Steinberg
> <steinberg.will at gmail.com <mailto:steinberg.will at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> /I like this list a lot and it's pretty crazy what the effect of these
> political shitposts have been.  What happened to the awesome H+ list I
> joined?  Can't we talk about uploading or/
> /Matryoshka Brains or lab-grown organs or metamaterials or anything
> else??/

I totally agree. I expect this list to become 'American-Politics-Chat'
every time a presidential election looms, but it seems to have become a
consistent thing in recent times..

If anybody's interested, I can offer my own particular Transhumanist
Hobbyhorse for discussion, which is the intersection of biology and
engineering, specifically the design of human bodies to be much more fit
for our needs. I'm envisaging a hybrid bio-synthetic body, and
considering the various challenges involved. Although it would be just a
stepping-stone on the way to better things for those that want them, it
would also be a possible end-point for some folks, and a huge
improvement on what we have now.

If this piques anyone's curiosity, take a look at
https://hpluspedia.org/wiki/Human_Body_2.0. This is where I'm collecting
my ideas together, and anyone with an interest and sensible ideas to
contribute is welcome to join in.

--
Ben Zaiboc