[ExI] Electoral College and 1177 BCE

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:45:26 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 1:02 AM Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

*> The only thing that keeps "war mode" turned off is rising or at
> least steady income per capita.  That's rare for any length of time in the
> past.*

With improved technology I see no reason income per capita will not
continue but that's not what determines social stability, its the gap
between the richest and the poorest.  And starting about 25 years ago all
over the world that gap started to grow and it's not just growing its
accelerating and doing so at a alarming rate. There are about 7.2 billion
people on the Earth and in  2010 the 388 richest people had as much wealth
as the  poorest half of them, that's 3.6 billion people. In 2014 it was 85.
In 2016 it was 62. In 2017 it was 8.

In the USA it is even worse, in 2017 just the 3 richest people had as much
wealth as the poorest 160 million. I don't understand how any logical
person can look at those statistics and not shudder, and I don't understand
how a logical person can expect this trend to continue for much longer
without blood in the streets. One way or another this will change.

 John K Clark