[ExI] Electoral College and 1177 BCE

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Thu Aug 30 20:52:04 UTC 2018

John Clark wrote:

>I have learned something in the last few months, nobody around here
>really wants me to answer that. This is not the Extropian list of
>old, these days if I even attempted to address that question I would
>be attacked by nearly everybody on the list and be accused of
>spounting heresy and making shitposts.

I guess that depends on your definition of old. I joined the original
list shortly after it began in 1991, having seen the first notices on
Usenet. The original guidelines were that we'd all done our homework
so the discussion could take fundamentals for granted. Participants
were presumptively minarchist or AnCap. You needn't have been but it
was deeply frowned on to post anything that questioned that premise.
So while we did touch on politics, sometimes stridently, it was
within the weeds of 100/100 Nolan.

This changed, for recent values of old.

-- David.