[ExI] Cryosecurity -- considering all post-preservation scenarios

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:36:12 UTC 2018

It's far, /far/ worse than that.

By far, the most likely scenario in which you'll wake up from
cryopreservation is where someone used your surviving brainstate to create
a computer upload.

Copying computer files is trivial, and keeping them secure is very, very
difficult. Maybe one copy of you wakes up in a pleasant environment owned
and operated by family, friends, or benign strangers, but in the worst case
scenarii, thousands (millions, billions?) of uploads based, with varying
degrees of modifications, on you, wake up in environments of every possible
description, after time frames ranging from decades to geological epochs.