[ExI] xmas

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Dec 18 22:19:29 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:12 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: [ExI] xmas

If you are giving gag gifts, check out The Encyclopedia of Immaturity.  I actually ordered it.  bill w

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/159174427X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AJC03PKE1W7JD <https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/159174427X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AJC03PKE1W7JD&psc=1> &psc=1

I thought of one today.  Freeway, big billboards advertising a local CBD Expo at the big convention center.  No explanation for what CBD is, but I vaguely guessed it was one of those hipster things: if you don’t know what it is, you won’t go to the expo, and if you are a likely attendee, it doesn’t need defining.  Right on: it is some kind of hemp oil thing.  I wouldn’t understand.

It gave me an idea: rent a billboard, advertise something that really isn’t defined, a huge international RLJ Expo, with all major dealers coming etc.

Then you get a bunch of curious yahoos showing up not knowing what the hell you are selling there.  Lotsa hipsters go nuts whenever they find out they aren’t hip to something.  Too much like admitting one is old.  So all these hipsters show up, we could sell them stuff.  Anything we want.  If asked what is RLJ, we don’t know, just there to sell stuff.