[ExI] reason on tim may

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:31:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 5:22 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> *> I never realized Tm May was such a big deal.  Through making his online
> acquaintance, I knew he was a really smart guy, very insightful. *

When I first joined the list in the early 90s Tim May was probably the most
frequent contributor to a very active list, I didn't always agree with him
but his posts were always thought provoking and I made a point of reading
him first. I was sorry he left the list after a few years. And I'm sorry he
wasn't cryopreserved; he maintained the probability of success was too low
to worry about, but I felt that the probability of success was not low it
was unknown, all you could say was it was greater than 0 and less than 1.
So if you have the money as Tim did then there was no downside.  If it
didn't work you wouldn't be any deader. But I could never convince him.

John K Clark