[ExI] virtual ptsd

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Dec 26 18:53:12 UTC 2018

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>...Most of us here have had one of those dreams that is so clear and so
detailed we remember that dream nearly the same as actual events, or even
more clearly than actual events.  If so, it follows that one could get
PTSD-like symptoms from an event which never occurred.

There's a follow-up question or suggestion.

Many of us who have seen virtual reality software perhaps noticed how good
they have become.  We might be able to modify old memories with a good
simulation, perhaps overwrite a traumatic memory with a simulation of the
event where nothing bad happened.  If I have clearer mental pictures of a
bad outcome that didn't happen than the good outcome that did not, it seems
possible to reverse that scenario.