[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 04:19:43 UTC 2018

Obviously culture mixing is good.

People take the idea of appropriation too far, but it clearly does happen,
when it's a mockery or a "look how interesting/weird/different [insert
culture] is!"

What I don't get is like...those people are the trolls of the group.  The
trolls get more press while the majority of people with real claims are
ignored.  Why engage with said trolls' discourse?

Sorry, but I don't get it.  Of course yoga is good.  Of course covering
music is good.  There might be covers that are a poor choice, but
then...just don't do them.  If doing the cover would stray too close to
insult/mockery, it's bad.

Just seems simple to me.  Mix cultures without being insulting.  And fuck
the trolls! :)