[ExI] Forbidden Words

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 07:54:13 UTC 2018

On Feb 9, 2018, at 11:30 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Read this:
>
> http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2008/11/politics-and-iq-conservative-democrats.html
>
> 2.7 IQ points is not within sampling error, as long as our sample is large enough.

Not sure how it would affect the results, but aren’t Democrats the larger party? If so, so all things being equal simply by being large a random sample of them might differ from a random sample of the smaller party. To be sure, this difference might be small and it’s a maybe anyhow.

I’m also not sure how big an impact 2.7 points would make. Other than on IQ scores themselves, would 2.7 more or less on average have much of a discernible impact on overall life choices? (I saw data somewhere on accountants, IIRC, where one group had a lower IQ by about five points but had a stronger work ethic. I forget if this led to higher overall income. Have to track down that data.)

Finally, did you look at the other results? Liberal Whites seem to score higher than conservative Whites. And liberals who are Democrats score higher than other Democrats and than Republicans overall.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my latest Kindle book "Sand Trap":
http://mybook.to/SandTrap