[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 03:03:04 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> You really cannot blame white people for a loss of language and religion,
> can you?

Of course. You think they gave that up on their own?

> Have you been to the Western USA?  Except for the far West, arable land is
> rare for everyone.

Guess what? Before we arrived they weren't settled in these uninhabitable
lands. They settled elsewhere or were nomadic. The Cherokee were in the
eastern US.

I know our public schools don't do a good job of covering our treatment of
natives, for obvious reasons, but I really thought most adults were aware
of this. Start with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawes_Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_assimilation_of_Native_Americans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Indian_Policy