[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Feb 13 15:14:35 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:04 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com <mailto:atymes at gmail.com> > wrote:

On Feb 12, 2018 7:42 AM, "Dave Sill" <sparge at gmail.com <mailto:sparge at gmail.com> > wrote:

    Not only did the U.S. government seek to squelch Native American uprisings, it also sought to stop those cultural traits from being passed to younger generations by assimilating them in boarding schools

There are days when I wonder if this sort of thing might be needed in the American South today.  Take over their schools, force their children to attend, and banish all that "evolution is just a theory", "science is this complex thing others impose on you, not something for you to take to heart", and "blindly trust authority, because critical thinking is hard and treasonous" rubbish.

### This is hateful rubbish.

Rafal

I took it as Swift-ian Modest Proposal-ish satire.