[ExI] The limitations of Steven Pinker’s optimism

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 22:57:24 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 4:07 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-02148-1
>
> I have only started to read the book, so can’t say how accurate Goldin is
> here.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

​I have read most of it.  The reviewer doesn't criticize much of Pinker's
data, but focuses on what he left out or did not emphasize or what he said
that contradicts the reviewer's own book.  Not a bad review though.

There is a LOT of progress detailed in this book and everyone should know
these things, which very rarely appear on the news, because the news is
slanted towards negative stories.

bill w​