[ExI] Dark Energy and Causal Cells

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 18:23:19 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

​> ​

> *Are you messing with me, John? Where do you live such that Planck's
> constant is 2.6*10^-36 kg*m^2/s and the speed of light is 3*10^9 m/s? Where
> I am the reduced Planck's constant is closer to hbar = h/(2*pi) =
> 1.05*10^-34 kg*m^2/s and the speed of light is more like c = 3.0 *10^8 m/s.*

​Yes you are entirely correct, I plugged the wrong values into your
equation, I guess my memory isn't as good as I thought it was, putting in
3*10^9 m/s for the speed of light was especially embarrassing. Sorry.  But
I still have some concerns and questions.

Whatever its size I admit its sorta neat that your equation produces a pure
dimensionless number, but what reason is there to think it has any physical
significance? Even if it does I don't see how it could ever be proven
because I don't think we will
​ever​
​
know the fundamental constants in it to the staggering accuracy required.
And as I said the Hubble "constant" is not a constant and changes with
time, and so would the number your equation produces. And is that h or hbar
in your equation?

​John K Clark​