[ExI] Forbidden Words

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jan 19 02:30:26 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:32 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Forbidden Words

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:31 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

A question occurred to me while I was vacationing: suppose we theorize that a political party is smarter (or dumber) than another.

### Research indicates that Democratic voters are on average dumber than Republican voters, the difference is a couple IQ points if I remember correctly.

Rafal

IQ tests are controversial.  Even if we could figure out some kind of acceptable IQ test, the data set would be microscopic and self-selected.  Are there any other metrics we could use?