[ExI] "Dumbing Us Down" by John Taylor Gatto

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:16:21 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe you might sublimate your anger into a longer review essay... By the
> way, what about this book:
>
> https://press.princeton.edu/titles/11225.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

After I have calmed down a bit, I do intend to write a proper response
to the book in long-form. The book asserts many things without any
evidence and in fact uses many of the devices which it decries. It in
my opinion ignores a lot of factors and does not present clear enough
solutions when you consider the urgent tone it was written in.