[ExI] "Dumbing Us Down" by John Taylor Gatto

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:54:22 UTC 2018

Not necessarily. The additional personal attention that homeschooling
provides may compensate for a lot of inexperience/inability. And parents
have the flexibility to choose better materials than public schools.

-Dave
One - As a long time teacher I can tell you that teaching something and
knowing a lot about it are two different things. (several pages omitted on
my views of teaching)  Many adults are not familiar with the way math, for
one, is taught nowadays, and learning along with the student is not an
efficient use of time.

Two- I suspect that the below average family has no one available several
hours of the day to teach a child and no money for daycare.

bill w