[ExI] IQ scores are falling and have been for decades

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 23:00:49 UTC 2018

On 18 June 2018 at 23:08, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> Or don't compare IQ scores between different times, when they have
> been normalized for different generations.  If people got super-smart
> relative to their parents, then the IQ scores were adjusted so they
> became the new norm, of course the measured IQ scores would drop
> during that adjustment.

Oh, I think they are well aware of that problem.  :}

IQ tests are re-standardised every so often and researchers have
already been worrying about the Flynn effect which showed increasing
IQ scores when people took the older tests. So it was a surprise when
they started finding decreasing IQ scores instead.

BillK