[ExI] Merging of agencies [ was Should the US Have a Military Presence in Space?]

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 03:51:07 UTC 2018

The US really does have a proliferation of agencies which compete. For example: CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. I think it would be cheaper to combine them somehow, so they could pool resources and intelligence. It doesn’t seem to me that this type of redundancy is useful.

As far as agencies being merged... well, Trump is floating a merger of Department of Education and Department of Labor, into, I’m not sure, maybe a Department of Education, Training, & Employment. Not sure if I agree with the move because his motives seem suspect, but we’ll see how it plays out.

But another thing to consider is maybe we actually need more agencies/ departments. Which sounds insane, I know, but hear me out. Look at all the agencies and departments involved with the US Immigration system. They are absolutely inefficient and make the whole system insufferably complicated, because “one hand doesn’t know that the other hand is doing”. And that makes accountability hard, because they can all just point fingers at each other.

The entire US government is way too bloated and redundant in all the wrong ways. It’s definitely “too big” in the sense that it could do more with less. Maybe we need to go through with the pain and expense of reorganizing and streamlining the whole thing.