[ExI] Merging of agencies [ was Should the US Have a Military Presence in Space?]

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:04:54 UTC 2018

This may be a new topic:  from my very tiny understanding of rules in the U
S Senate and House, if you are new, you had better kowtow to the leaders
and vote their way or any bills you might have hope of getting into law
will never make it out of committee.  In the Senate, there are some rules
now that make it impossible for anything to pass unless it's has 60%
support.  Not 51% - 60%.  Now I think that's downright unamerican.
Unconstitutional, isn't it?

The Senate is worse than the house because of the power of seniority.  Some
Southern senators were famous for sitting of bills that a big majority
wanted to vote on but the senator (South Carolina was it? Jesse Helm?) had
the power to stop anything he wanted to.  One person outvoting, in effect,
the entire Senate.

There's a lot more wrong with the way Congress works, but that's a start.
Please forgive my ignorance if I have made stupid errors.

bill w