[ExI] I wish this was fake news

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 01:53:50 UTC 2018

Trump recently said it might be a good idea if the USA had a president for
life just as China does now. Perhaps he was just making a bad joke but I’m
not sure, perhaps it was a trial balloon. I have always thought the very
first question reporters should have asked President-elect Trump is if he
lost in 2020 would he respect the outcome of the election, because he
famously refused to say he’d do so before the 2016 election. He didn’t lose
of course so the matter never came up but instead he showed himself to be
something very rare, a sore winner. He bizarrely said the 2016 election was
invalid and unfair even though he won. If Trump looses in 2020 can anybody
really doubt he will call that election unfair and invalid too? And unlike
the case in 2016 he would now be in a position to do more than just
verbally complain about the outcome because he is now Commander In Chief
and has the power to take action. Just two or three years ago I would have
said such a suggestion was ridiculous paranoia but Mr.rump has already
shown he is perfectly willing to engage in activities far outside normal
presidential behavior, so I think we should take this danger seriously.

 John K Clark