[ExI] I wish this was fake news

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 21:24:19 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:39 AM, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> I propose we start by junking every electronic voting machine.

That might be a good idea for other reasons but it wouldn't help with what
I'm most worried about. Regardless of how honest you or I or anybody else
concludes the 2020 election turned out to be if Trump looses it takes very
little imagination to envision him saying it was dishonest and phony, after
all he's done it before. Several months before the last election Trump
started saying the Election was going to be dishonest, no doubt because he
thought he was going to loose and wanted an excuse, but even after he won
he continued to say the election was dishonest because his margin of
victory was't as large as he wanted. Is there any reason to think if he
looses in 2020 this time he will change his tune and be a good sport about
it?

What I worry about is the day after the election the Commander In  Chief of
the armed forced of the USA will declare, whiteout evidence of course, that
there had been massive fraud and therefore the election is null and void.
He will decree that a new election will be held in 6 months, in the
meantime a new Democracy Preservation Squad will be organized that
supervise every precinct in the country to make sure only properly
authorized people are allowed to vote, and instead of local officials
counting the votes only one organazation will do so, the Democracy
Preservation Squad. Oh by the way, not that its important or anything but
Donald J Trump will hand pick each and every member of the Democracy
Preservation Squad. In the new election, surprise surprise, Trump gets over
90% of the popular vote and every single electoral vote. After that he
starts lobbing to amend the constitution to eliminate presidential term
limits as China officially did just today at 8:30am EST. The Democracy
Preservation Squad  will visit legislators in their homes to educate them
on the virtures of this proposel and how it would be in their best
interests to go along with this.

If Trump does this nobody can say he didn't give us a warning, just
remember how he acted in 2016. And who is going to stop him? The Republican
Congress has turned into a shapeless mass of invertebrates without even the
hint of a backbone, he's been packing the courts with his toadies, his
cabinet is full of generals, and a NRA member armed with one of their
beloved assault rifles is no match for a 72 ton M1A2 Abrams tank, not even
if its been modified with a bump stock.

​ ​
John K Clark