[ExI] Dyson Spheres Are Missing From our Galaxy

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:05:34 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 5:38 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> *it seems that advanced civilizations don't build Dyson Spheres.​ ​*
> *Either they die out before reaching that stage or they choose adifferent
> path than building giant technology systems.*

Or we may be the only technological civilization in the observable universe
that has arisen, after all somebody has to be first. I don't buy the
argument that because astronomy can come up with some big numbers, like the
number of planets in the galaxy and the number of galaxies in the universe,
therefore ET must exist because biology can come up with even larger
numbers. For example, the hemoglobin in your blood is made up of 574
amino acids, there are 20 amino acids so there are 20^574 = 6.18*10^746
ways to arrange 20 amino acids; forget planets that is a vastly
larger number than the number of atoms in the observable universe.

​ ​
John K Clark