[ExI] blue bug

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat May 5 16:46:39 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2018 9:32 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] blue bug

Wait a minute - I thought that dogs were descended from wolves not that the two had common ancestors.  ???

bill w

Modern timber wolves continued to evolved as we bred dogs.  Granted they didn’t evolve much, so the common ancestor probably looks a lot like a modern wolf.

Consider the common ancestor of humans and the great apes.  Chimps kept evolving as we did, so our common ancestor is somewhere in between, ja?  >From our point of view, the common ancestor looks more like the chimps than we do, but might not we suppose that from the chimp’s point of view, the ancestor looks more like a human?