[ExI] Dyson Spheres Are Missing From our Galaxy

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Mon May 7 03:59:17 UTC 2018

BillK wrote:

> So it seems that advanced civilizations don't build Dyson Spheres.
> Either they die out before reaching that stage or they choose a
> different path than building giant technology systems. Humans can only
> speculate about what that different path might be.

Or alternatively, cross-referencing GAIA data with Kepler data, our solar
system really is very rare in that our gas giants are not hot jupiters
destabilizing rocky planets in the goldilocks zone. Maybe we really did
win some kind of crazy cosmic lottery and the galaxy really is ours for
the taking . . . if we can get our shit together, that is. Manifest
destiny on a grand scale. Upwards and outwards, young people. Set your AI
to wake you up from cryo-sleep when you get to the Trappist system and
starships ho!

Stuart LaForge